This policy was last updated on 31 August 2019
In order to protect the Platform and the user community, the following areas are particularly important to us and you must adhere to the terms below.
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Platform.
Unethical and Illegal Practices
- You may not use the Platform or any content available on the Platform other than as expressly permitted by the Terms and as permitted by the normal functionality of the Platform.
- You may not use crowdCaster in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- You may not sell or advertise the sale or purchase of any goods or services which require a license that you do not have. In particular the unlawful advertisement or sale of firearms, alcohol and tobacco products and adult audience products is prohibited.
- You may not promote illegal activities on the Platform such as the use or misuse of prescription drugs, narcotics and weapons or any other behaviors which are illegal under applicable laws.
- You may not create fake user accounts or alias user accounts, or impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity. You may not buy and sell user names or accounts.
- You may not circumvent, disable or otherwise seek to compromise the security of the Platform, any user account or any password on the Platform.
- You may not upload, share or submit content containing any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers,other equipment or data.
- You may not transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional material, chain letters, surveys, contests, or pyramid selling schemes.
- You may not commit any acts of dishonesty, misrepresentation, or fraud. You may not celebrate, solicit, encourage or assist the commission of any dishonest or unlawful activities.
- You may not collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material, data or information from the Platform, whether personally identifiable or not and whether using manual or automated means (including bots, spiders, scraping and other similar techniques).
- You may not copy, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engine, hack or use any other means to retrieve or index any part of the Platform or any content on the Platform unless you have prior written consent from CrowdCaster.
- You may not use any content on the Platform or the Platform itself for commercial, promotional, institutional or teaching purposes (or solicit others to do so) and you may not directly or indirectly charge other users to access, view or stream any content on the Platform without crowdCaster’s prior permission.
Disturbing Content and Pornography
- You may not use express or implied language that we consider to be unacceptably explicit on the Platform.
- You may not create, solicit or share any content that we determine to be excessively violent or disturbing to the crowdCaster community.
- You may not promote, advocate or endorse groups or organizations that we determine to be unsafe for the crowdCaster community. In particular organizations that promote racism, hate speech, terrorism and crime will not be tolerated on the Platform.
- You may not share or advocate abuse or violence towards any other person or thing, including in particular children or animals.
- In limited circumstances you may make references to nudity or certain physical anatomy however you may not create, solicit, share or download content that we determine to be obscene, indecent, pornographic or of an excessively adult nature or which is offensive.
Abuse, Harassment and Bullying
- You may not engage in any conduct or create, share or download any content that we determine to be abusive, maliciously false, inaccurate, misleading, libellous or defamatory.
- You may not engage in any form of bullying or harassment using crowdCaster by threatening, abusing, upsetting, embarrassing or alarming any user, person or groups of people.
- You may not engage in any form of discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age using the Platform.
- You may not engage in any form of hate speech using crowdCaster. Hate speech is usually (but not always) language which we determine to demonstrate an intention to be hurtful, incite harm or promote and propagate hatred or violence.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All content that you upload, submit or share on the Platform is your own original work and you own the entire right, title and interest in and to such content and/or you have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and exploit, and to authorise us to use and exploit, such content. Your content must not infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy, of any third party.
- You may not engage, advocate, promote or assist in any copyright infringement recognised by applicable laws as being prohibited or unlawful.
- You may not upload, share or submit any content that infringes any proprietary rights of any third party including any patent, copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, trade secret rights in passing off, rights of privacy, publicity, confidence, or under data protection legislation or other intellectual property law.
- You may not use our trade marks, logos or other intellectual property without our express written permission.
Complying with this Policy
We accept no obligation to monitor, review, filter, moderate or remove any content from the Platform. Nevertheless, we reserve our right to take any such actions as we deem necessary in our sole discretion.
We, at our sole discretion, will determine if you have not abided by the spirit or principles of the crowdCaster Acceptable Use Policy and will take whatever action we deem to be appropriate in the circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Platform;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Platform;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Take legal action against you; and/or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If you have any questions or disclosures to make relating to crowdCaster Acceptable Use Policy contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org